So i was folding my laundry yesterday and my niece Aubrey came over to play with Lindsey. The girls decide to go play downstairs and they took Tanner with them. All of the sudden I heard all three of them running upstairs just screaming at the top of their lungs (I mean I thought someone was on fire or something really bad had happened.) They were yelling MOM MOM (Aunt Joann) their's this big huge RAT downstairs!!! We seen it. Hurry!!! When I hear this I am about dying because I will not live in the same house as a Rat or mouse or cat.... I got my courage up, put on my shoes (I was bare foot) and I headed downstairs with Aubrey, Lindsey and Tanner to confront this demon. (of course Sean's at work, and Matt and Caiden aren't home either. Where's the men when you need them?) So I finally make it down the stairs. Lindsey shows me the exact corner where she last seen it. I walked over and... A HUGE CRICKet crawls out of the corner. They start yelling There it is! There it is!!! Needless to say, I am sooo relieved that it was not a RAT and I can stay living here. Although I am a bit worried that they don't know the difference between a CRICKET and a RAT.
Jun 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
Sounds like you have a phobia. Come down to the farm when we're lifting hay if you want to lose it.
Jeff and I loved that story. You know, if you got a cat it could get rid of a mat/rat problem. I don't know about a cricket.
That is so funny!!! Maybe you should have a movie night and watch Ratatouille so they can know what a rat is and then watch Pinnochio so they can see Jiminy Cricket too.
thats hilarious! i was a little worried. if you have rats then i probably do too. i guess i know who to come to if i see one. richard and i cant even kill spiders!
Hilarious...I would freak out too. I agree that you can never find the men when you really need them. :) I'm coming to S.F. tomorrow to go to the pool. I would love to see ya. Come over if you can. I think we will be there about 1:00. Hope to see ya!
so glad it wasn't a rat. when i started to read your blog, i was thinking "it's got to be a field mouse - no way it's a rat, especially in a house as new as yours."
crickets are OK as long as they are out of earshot by bed time.
I am so glad that you don't have rats in your house. I think a cricket is a little bit easier to live with!
Joann, I'm so excited to see your blog. That story was hilarious! You were brave to even go downstairs. I probably would have left the house. Cute blog!
Ditto. Your blog is WAY cute. This story is hilarious! Tanner and Lindsey are so cute.
Joann is funny! It's a good thing they didn't come upstairs yelling, "Mommy, we saw a cricket!"
You would have gone down there bare foot! Nate Michelsen
Post a Comment