May 23, 2008

In Loving Memory of Todd

Sean's cousin passed away unexpectedly, Tracy "Todd" Farnsworth. She was only 37 years old and left behind 3 children. She was an amazing person. We were so lucky to have known her. Sean said she was like a sister to their family, because their families did a lot together while they were growing up. After Sean and I were married we lived by her for a while in the same apartment complex and she was always so sweet and fun to talk to. She had an amazing talent for writing poetry and one of the poems she wrote was read at her funeral. It's really neat, because it fits the situation so well and she wrote it four years ago. I thought in memory of her I would post her poem:

Just So You Know...

If I could
I would find a way to fly back to you.
I'd stand beside you and hold your hand

I'd give up my wings and halo,
just to hold you, but I can't

I will be with you no matter where or how far,
But please remember how strong you are

Heaven came to me, and I know you're sad,
I'm there for you when you're feeling bad

I know you can feel it when I kiss your face,
I'm not gone,
I'm just in another place

I stand just beyond the veil,
that you can't see,
But understand that I'm still me

I'll be waiting for you
with patience and love,
when it becomes your time to come above

Please live your life
for I have lived mine,
I'll be here for you when it's your time

All the tears that you shed,
I catch in my hands,
Cause I know that they're full
Of the memories we've had

I want you to know
That it's beautiful here
Beyond your imagination,
so please don't fear

I'll be right there beside you,
Every step of the way,
so remember when you miss me,
I'm ok

I'm telling you this
Just so you know...
How much I love you,
But I had to go...
...............Todd Farnsworth Sept. 27, 2004


Life is so short and we never know when someone we love will be called home and I know it's only temporary and we will see our loved ones again. Its times like this that remind me how important life is. I think of how blessed I am to have such a great family. I am grateful for my testimony of the Savior and for the knowledge of the gospel. I couldn't imagine my life without mine or Sean's families. I am so grateful that we can be together forever.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. It is times like these that you appreciate how precious life is, isn't it? The poem is beautiful and I bet it brought a lot of comfort to you and your family.